Monday, January 13, 2014

We will be raised up forever

It is sown a perishable body
It is raised - imperishable

It is sown in dishonor
It is raised - in glory

It is sown in weakness
It is raised - in power

It is sown a natural body
It is raised - a spiritual body

Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust -
We shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.
 (1 Corinthians 15:42-44, 49)

I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread also which I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world…Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 06:51, 54)

In Hebrew, there is a wordplay between “Raise (Stood) up” עמד and Forever” עולם עד


J. Clontz – Editor of The Comprehensive New Testament

No comments: