Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Only Jesus can be the Messiah!

According to 1Chronicles 17:11-14, God would establish the throne of one of King David’s descendants forever. Jesus was the last King of the Jews. No Jew has been King since His departure. His kingdom has never ended. After two thousand years, millions upon millions call Him Lord of lords and King of kings. The only descendant of David that has and ever will fulfill the prophecy by the prophet Nathan in 1Chronicles 17:11-14 is Jesus. If for no other reason, there are no more Jewish kings and there won’t be. So either the prophecy in 1Chronicles 17:11-14 was fulfilled by Jesus or this prophecy will never be fulfilled.

1Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when your [David’s] days are expired that you must go to be with your fathers, that I will raise up your seed after you, which shall be of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will establish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before you: 14 But I will settle him in my house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

J. Clontz - Finding Jesus in the Old Testament: Proving that God Exists

No comments: