Saturday, May 28, 2022

Jesus is Always with us


Before he was born, the angel told Joseph that Mary’s child would fulfill the prophecy in Isaiah 7:14 that God would always be with us.

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel,” which means, “God with us.” Matthew 1:22-23

Jesus told the apostles at the last supper that he would not leave them as orphans.

"I will not leave you orphans. I will come to you. A little while longer, and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you will live also. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you." John 14:18-20

When he came back, Jesus told them that he would always be with them even to the end of the age.

“…And behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20

Jesus is always with us. Nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

Even death can’t sever the bond between us and our Savior – he’ll always be there for us. You can trust him. He even came back from the dead so that we would know that he’ll always be there for us!

Dr. J. Clontz, Editor - The Comprehensive New Testament

No comments: