Saturday, September 4, 2021

Jesus Brings you Blessings!

Below is a list of all the blessings mentioned by Jesus:

Matthew 5:1 Seeing the crowds, he went up on a mountain. And when he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3          “Blessed are the poor in spirit,

                        for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4          Blessed are those who mourn,

                        for they shall be comforted.

5          Blessed are the meek,

                        for they shall inherit the earth.

6          Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

                        for they shall be filled.

7          Blessed are the merciful,

                        for they shall obtain mercy.

8          Blessed are the pure in heart,

                        for they shall see God.

9          Blessed are the peacemakers,

                        for they shall be called sons of God.

10        Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,

                        for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are you when they revile you and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you [falsely] for my sake. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

 

Luke 6:20 He lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said:

            “Blessed are you poor,

                        for yours is the kingdom of God.

21        Blessed are you who hunger now,

                        for you shall be satisfied.

            Blessed are you who weep now,

                        for you shall laugh.

22 Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for their fathers did the same to the prophets.

 

Matthew 11:4 And Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: 5 The blind receive their sight and the lame walk. The lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear. And the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. 6 And blessed is he who is not offended because of me.”

 

Luke 10:23 Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see what you see. 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.”

 

Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants whom the master finds watching when he comes. Truly, I say to you that he will gird himself and have them sit at table, and will come and serve them. 38 If in the second or in the third watch he comes and finds them so, blessed are they.

 

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful, wise steward, whom his master will set over his household, to give them [their] portion of food at the proper time? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.

 

Luke 14:13 “But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

 

Acts 20:35 ...Remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

 

Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food. I was thirsty and you gave me drink. I was a stranger and you took me in. 36 I was naked and you clothed me. I was sick and you visited me. I was in prison and you came to me.’

 

John 13:12 When he had washed their feet, [and] taken his garments, and sat again, he said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example, that you should do as I did to you. 16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

 

John 20:26 Eight days later, his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them, and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands. Reach out your hand, and put it into my side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28 Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

 

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city."


Text excerpted from The Comprehensive New Testament

 

No comments: