Saturday, January 31, 2015

John 10:7-9 Can’t Find the Door?

One of the reasons that it is important to read all four gospels is that each of them has unique information about the Good News. In this particular instance, you can find the “Door” in John 10:7-9. It’s always good to be able to find “the door” if you want to escape “the fire.”

John 10:7 Then Jesus said again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came [before me] are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

10:7 Alx[Jesus said again], Byz[adds to them (ASV, DRA, ESV, JNT, KJV, MRD, NAS, NAU, NET, NJB, NKJ, NLT, NRS, RSV, TLB)], Minor[omits again (~NLT, ~TLB)]; Alx/Byz[door of the sheep], Minor[shepherd of the sheep].
10:8 Alx/Byz[All who ever came], Minor[As many as came (~REB)]; Alx/Byz[before me], Major[omits (DRA, MRD)].
10:9 will be saved or will be kept safe.


J. Clontz – Editor of The Comprehensive New Testament

No comments: